Sunday 13 April 2014

DIY Mini quad with Acro Naze32 FC

After sometimes flying 450 size quadcopter i really satisfied with its performance, no jello and working perfect with APM flight controller.

I am realizing 450 size its heavy and quite bulky, its put much space with sharp and large prop,

I need a quadcopter that same performance like 450 but light and portable.,,,,,

yess the answer is mini quadcopter 250 size..

seems to me that if quadcopter with smaller size the price of component is lower ..wrong man, the price still same for frame and motor, a Blackout carbon fiber frame price is nearly one DIY 450 quad price

i bump to a blog named http://untestedprototype.com/ . Its about how to build a mini quadcopter with plans included. i called my friend who had CNC machine to build it.





My friend make it with including damper for eliminating vibration and jello free. the material is from G10, quite rigit but heavy abit compare to carbon fibre frame, the weight frame only is about 180gram

For power setup, i get a quite nice review from my friend that using ZMR/RDX 2400kv motor and 10amp Simonk ESC from Myrcmart..so i brought it for RM 279 complete 4 motor and 4 esc

Now for Flight controlled, i choose Acro Naze32 because it had a good review and same performance like openpilot CC4, when the FC arrived ..i could not believe its so small and light but powerful,
to use Acro Naze32 and configurate it is not so hassle because it only had autolevel function. The program i used is Baseflight configurator that u can find it at google crome apps.


For props i just use cheap gemfan 5x3, its price half the price standard 10x4 multirotor prop

My maiden flight is smooth although my 1000mah battery shows it has no punch, i need to get a new battery

My FPV experience with mini quadcopter is quite surprising , it so much nice to control and handle .
.here my video show for my first time fpv with mini's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts